Tuesday, May 27, 2008

3 Plan de Corones - Giro d'Italia 2008 Stage 16 TT



What : A never before used 8 mile uphill GRINDER with almost 3600 feet of climbing.

In Layman's Terms Please ? : "Hmm. let’s see… why don’t we start off with a gentle 16% hump leading up to a moderate 20% incline and finish up the stage on a 24% gravel road?" - Velo go go

Ideal Road Surface : Must be a little wet. Too wet or too dry both will result in loss of traction.

Gearing Used (Pro only!) : Bettini went with 34 x 28 T, Leipheimer apparently chose the same too - Cycle To

Danilo Di Luca, after a scout on the climb earlier this year, immediately said 34 x 29 T was ideal for him - EuroSport

Gearing (homely humans) - Multiply above with any number greater than 1.

A Nice Preview




Video courtesy : Holimites


Actual Stage 16 (English Coverage)



Video Courtesy : Miha2007

3 comments:

  1. my sort of route!

    how sweet to see the Gods using a 28!

    excellent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah when I watched that video, I thought to myself whether it was Will..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you can count me out. That would surely kill me. It seems a throwback to days gone by. Should be great to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I read every single comment.