Wednesday, October 24, 2007

2 Priority races, changes etc

Yes!

I arrived at the date for my first 'A' road race (priority #1) for next year. It's going to be Battenkill Roubaix, the race most commonly known around here as Hell of the north, with a terrain and style of racing very similar to the real Roubaix in Paris.. It's going to be April 26, 2008! Train train train...and have fun!!

Online registration opens on Dec 19, 2007..

I'm in the process of periodizing my training. My Preparation period should start Nov 1, with Strength, Endurance and Spin skills workouts for 3-4 weeks.

Hopefully, I will incorporate a section on my training diary and schedule in the blog. I also plan to introduce a new section called 'Read for pleasure', which is going to be a showcase of scanned pages of cycling, sports and equipment related material/literature that my readers can glance over. The fact of the matter is I read so much, that sometimes I wish somebody damn knew what was going on in my mind.

The latest books that have been keeping me busy are Friel's Training Bible and Training with Power by Hunter Allen. These are truly one of my top selections to keep your winter interesting.

I've been slightly guilty of the casual style of English I have been using for these blogs. I plan on changing that as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ron-

    That's my home turf. I ride over there when I'm home. I dont know about the roads the race is on but the hills are not that horrible. Maybe riding in the southtowns x2-3. Maybe we could organize a ride over there or something

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan. The roads taken by the race are on the battenkill website, I'm not sure if you're familiar with them. Let me know what timeframe you're looking at for a ride, throw me a shout at rrgeorge@buffalo.edu... thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I read every single comment.