Thursday, February 05, 2009

6 Overemphasizing Power To Weight Ratios

I often get sick of those who're so anal about their dieting regimes and training bruhaha. Seriously, its time these guys had some fun without destroying themselves.

I think my perspectives are best echoed by the following quote :


"The problem with all this emphasis on power to weight ratios is that many riders become obsessive about this and go to extremes. The worst case scenario is that they will go as far as being anorexic or bulimic because of the pressure they, or others put on them to be skinny. Sometimes I have heard riders sounding like female Hollywood stars when talking about their weight! I do feel that there is a serious body/self-image problem in the peloton now that I am no longer a part of it. I say that because if a rider who weighs 69kg with 6.2% body fat thinks of himself as "fat", what does he think of normal people on the street?"


6 comments:

  1. I think the rider pictured above could stand to lose some weight! A better choice of cycling shoes might help...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Bobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic photo, he could still lose a little off the hips ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, you're back..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if he was talking about Rasmussen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:16 PM

    SOo is the skeleton Bobby Julich?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I read every single comment.