Thursday, July 03, 2008

3 Raccoon Rally Road Race : June 27, 2008

This year's Raccoon Rally road race was one of those days for me, when everything went wrong and I didn't have much motivation to continue. First off, the weather flicked us off and gave us pouring rain for atleast 3/4th of the race. Then, my brakes started misbehaving and somewhere along the way, I figured something was fishy. I was riding with the brakes touching the rim and that explained why I missed the surge on the second or third climb.

So I hopped out and spent 10 minutes in the rain, standing by the side of the road, trying to adjust the brakes. No big luck.

The rest of the race was just me trying to finish two laps, 50 miles and 3000 feet of climbing or so. The brake problem showed up again and I spent more time trying to play around with it.

So this was a beautiful race turned ugly by the weather and a host of mechanicals for me. :(

3 comments:

  1. That sucks dude. We all have those days, mine was just 3 or 4 weeks ago at the Cargas Criterium where it just was not a good day for me. The weather was great, I was just not motivated nor in my cycling mode, that I did pretty horrible.

    Have the rim checked, maybe the rim is bent somewhere? May need to be trued.

    Next time you'll get them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my wheels are true for sure. The brakes were installed wrong, and its quite different from conventional models. Zero Gravity if that means anything to you.

    Yeah it was one of those days. Prior to this race, I wasnt on my bike for 2.5 weeks either so everything just multiplied I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I should stop whining like an ass.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I read every single comment.