Saturday, November 10, 2007

1 Responsorium Ciaveté

Perhaps one of the latest revolution in steel alloys is the new Columbus XCR tubing. Pretty neat. It is probably their answer to super light Reynold's "Carpenter's" tubing. I'm not here to compare and contrast, but simply to show you what Pegarotti, the famed Italian frame maker, has lately come up with this alloy. Handcrafted and handpainted for your pleasure, this thing is stuff of beauty. It'll set you back 4500 dollars, and I wonder how much we have to pay for his painting. (?) Is he a talented artist, I don't know? Find out. Anyway, interesting part of the story is that he named it Ciavete (cha-va-tay, from some Italian dialect), which literally means "f*** off", reflecting the feelings he has towards the cancer he was diagnosed with in 2006. Atleast this is what competitive cyclist as to say. So there's something for language class.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:47 PM

    hi, i am bout to order my pegoretti frame. would you let me know, did you let pegoretti paint your frame without your personal idea, when asking for "Ciavete" design?

    my bike shop asks me to offer some "design" file to pegoretti if my frame paint must go with ciavete..

    thank you for reply in advance!

    i am not an american. forgive me if i cant express well in english.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I read every single comment.