Sunday, August 19, 2007

3 Bike Tech and Repair

I've seen numerous bicycle repair do-it-yourselves from all sorts of people. Some address some issues better than others.

I won't waste my time going through each one of them. I'll put here what is my favorite.

This is Tony of the Youtube Channel Etape.TV. Some of you may have come across this, some may not. But you'll like the presentation and easy to understand tips. These videos, I have chosen, also pertain strictly to road racing bikes. If you were looking for something else, keep checking Expert Village or Youtube. I'm 100% positive you'll find plenty to suit your equipment.

I've put together a series of supplemental videos at the end to go over the repair issues once again from another perspective.

Anyway, here's Tony. Enjoy!


Replacing an Inner Tube



Gear Adjustment (Or Rear "Mech" adjustment as Tony calls it)



Brake Adjustment



Headset Adjustment




Supplemental

Rear Derailleur Adjustment - Lennard Zinn

Cranks,Chain and Bottom Bracket



Proper Chain Maintenance - RiverCity



Brake Pad Maintenance - RiverCity




3 comments:

  1. This clip, like other clips on YouTube from the Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance DVD, is just an incomplete 1.5-minute excerpt from a longer segment, and does not follow the task through to its conclusion.
    You can download individual tasks or the entire DVD on TotalVid: http://www.totalvid.com/searchResults.cfm?strSearch=zinn+and+the+art+of+mountain+bike+maintenance&x=15&y=12

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lennard. The video clips were free on youtube, so I figured I'd link them to my blog. Sneak peak...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. I read every single comment.